I have not forsaken my blog. I am here and will continue on for all those who will read.
The hiking has continued and neer a day has gone by without our presence on the trail.
Today, before the hike, the dogs ran off and got into something out back, in the yard. We call it shit neck. Dogs have this love of rubbing any foul smelling organic object on their necks, you may have seen this before? It looks like the dog is scratching his or her neck on the ground. In reality the dog is rubbing his or her neck on a dead animal or some old feces to get the odor onto his or her coat. I'm not sure what the object of this ritual is, although I have my opinions. I think it reminds them that they are animals and that they are not responsible for doing stupid things like rubbing shit on themselves.
Anyway, we have this nice little creek at the end of the hike with fresh running water, deep enough for the dogs to totally emerse. We throw stick after stick and rock after rock and they jump in and fetch till they are clean. It's easier than bathing them at home and it allows them to rub shit on their necks all they want as long as we're going on a hike. Hell if that's what they like to do who am I to get mad about it?
See ya next time!
The hiking has continued and neer a day has gone by without our presence on the trail.
Today, before the hike, the dogs ran off and got into something out back, in the yard. We call it shit neck. Dogs have this love of rubbing any foul smelling organic object on their necks, you may have seen this before? It looks like the dog is scratching his or her neck on the ground. In reality the dog is rubbing his or her neck on a dead animal or some old feces to get the odor onto his or her coat. I'm not sure what the object of this ritual is, although I have my opinions. I think it reminds them that they are animals and that they are not responsible for doing stupid things like rubbing shit on themselves.
Anyway, we have this nice little creek at the end of the hike with fresh running water, deep enough for the dogs to totally emerse. We throw stick after stick and rock after rock and they jump in and fetch till they are clean. It's easier than bathing them at home and it allows them to rub shit on their necks all they want as long as we're going on a hike. Hell if that's what they like to do who am I to get mad about it?
See ya next time!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home